From the past few recent years, MS Office has gained enough popularity with an increase in market demand. No matter whether working in small or large organizations, technical or non-technical users want to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 server. Office 365 server is quite effective to perform various tasks and provides a strong data security as compared to IBM Lotus Notes. Due to the various benefits, the organization started preferring Office 365 server over Lotus Notes server.
MS Office 365 Server turns to be the most comprehensive, collaborative and popular cloud-service across the world. It serves the topmost facility to work from any corner of the world, from any device and can be free to access the emails anytime.
Some other reasons behind Lotus Note to Office 365 migration are:
1. The cost-effective feature of Office 365 is one of the common reasons behind Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.
2. Lotus Notes is costlier than Office 365
3. One should be technical sound to use Lotus Notes server
4. Lotus Notes works under the steep learning curve
5. Lotus Notes requires a tough learning process
Methods to Migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365:
1. Manual method
Before performing the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration, make sure you do not forget to take the backup of the NSF data.
The manual method is divided into three parts:
Part 1: Create new mailbox
For the existing profiles, the first job is to create the mailboxes for every user
Part 2: Enable IMAP TCP/IP Port
Follow the below steps carefully to enable IMAP for all the users:
1. On the IBM Lotus Notes, Open Domino administrator > configuration
2. After that, try to open the server document for the server running the IMAP service
3. Go to Ports > Internet ports > Mail
4. Enable the option IMAP TCP/IP port, from the IMAP column
5. At last, click on the Save button
Part 3: sync with IMAP connector
Finally, by using the IMAP connector start connecting emails present in Office 365
Limitations of manual method
• Through the manual method, the users are only allowed to migrate the limited size IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365. The limitation of transferring emails is 1 GB
• To work with the IMAP, it requires a high-technical setup. Because, it becomes very complex and becomes expensive too
• The users are allowed to move the calendar entries one by one
2. Third-party tool:
Let’s suppose if the users are not satisfied with the working of the manual method then, the article hereby introduce Bitacube Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration software. This application provides the error-free migration of Lotus Notes to Office 365. Bitacube Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool provides the multiple salient features which we are going to discuss below:-
a) Add multiple files in one go
:-Using Bitacube Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool, the users are free to add multiple numbers of NSF file i.e more than one files. Adding the various NSF files together not only saves the time but also it makes the task easy too.
b) Easily migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365
:-The tool easily perform the Lotus Notes to Office 365 without any hurdle. If the users want to migrate Lotus Notes to Live Exchange, then with the help of this application the users can also perform smooth migration. Additionally, it converts the NSF files to multiple other formats such as PST, live exchange server, MSG, HTML, CSV, etc.
c) Preview option
:-Before starting the final migration step, the tool facilitates the users with a preview option. It helps the users to further check every details and take a quick preview to confirm before starting the migration.
d) Show migration progress report
:- After completing the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration, Bitacube Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool serves the feature to see the progress report and the option to save the report.
Conclusion: It seems to be clear, the manual method is quite complex to move the offline data and calendar entries in hassle free. Besides that, there are high chances of data loss. If we compare the manual method to automatic method, then in that situation, a recommended way is to use third party solution like Bitacube Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool which is much effective to complete the job quickly and perfectly. The tool offers lifetime free technical support for any quick assistance.