This article will summarize to find the location of the Scanpst.exe in the different variants like Microsoft Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007. Starting with the question of why there is a requirement of Scanpst.exe. Well, to fix the issues related to the PST (personal storage tables) either the personal folders, the users need to first locate the Scanpst.exe.
Note:-there are different commands to locate the Scanpst.exe
Scanpst.exe method is used to repair the PST file which sometimes can be known by another name Inbox repair tool. It is an in-built and cost-free repair tool that helps the users to repair and recover the damaged and corrupted PST files respectively. The Inbox Repair tool checks for integrity error. It is a first-aid for the corrupted PST files. The main motive of using the Scanpst.exe is that firstly it scans the PST file and after that, if it found any kind of error then it starts repairing. By default, the location of the Scanpst.exe depends on Outlook and Windows. With the new releases of the Outlook, the users have to apply the different command to reach the locations of Scanpst.exe.
Where is Scanpst.exe located?
Follow the below path to find the different locations of Scanpst.exe in the several versions Outlook and window:
- To locate the Scanpst.exe in Outlook 2016
In 32 bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
In 64 bit Outlook: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
In64 bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- To locate the Scanpst.exe in Outlook 2013
In 32 bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
In64 bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
In 64 bit Outlook: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
- To locate the Scanpst.exe in Outlook 2010
In 32 bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
In64 bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
In 64 bit Outlook: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- To locate the Scanpst.exe in Outlook 2007
In 32 bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
In64 bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
After locating the different variants of Outlook, double-click to the Scanpst.exe. In the window screen, click to the Browse button that the users want to scan. The below image will clear all of your doubts:
How to fix the issues through Scanpst.exe?
Follow the instructions:-
- Firstly, shut down the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Search for the location of Scanpst.exe by using the above-mentioned paths
- After finding the inbox repair tool, the user has to double-click on the Scanpst.exe to run it
- An Inbox repair tool wizard appears. Click to the Browse button
- By clicking on the Browse option the users would able to select the required PST files which they want to scan
- Click to the Start button to begin the scanning process
- The scanning process consists of 8 phases. It take time if size of the PST file is large
- By scanning the PST files with its attachments, if the users found any error, then instantly click to the Repair button
Note:-In the wizard of the Inbox repair tool, there is an option present below to backup for the PST files.
- Click to the Repair button. It would take some time if there is a major level of error
- After fixing all the errors, a message box will pop-up “Repair complete” on the screen. Click on the Ok button
Drawbacks of Scanpst.exe
- The manual steps sometimes turn out to be very tricky, which makes the situation very difficult
- To reach the location of the PST file becomes a very tough task for the new user
- It is not ensured that the Inbox repair tool will maintain the integrity of the data
- Moreover, it can be noticed the data inside the PST file can be compressed or change while the Inbox repair tool is dealing with issues
- In the manual method, the users are only permitted to add one PST file at one time
- It gives the slow performance while working on the large-sized PST file
- Also if there is a major level of corruption found inside the PST files
What to do next if it’s not working?
After facing the above limitations, you can say that manually repair Outlook file is not much effective as, it may harm and loose some important data during Outlook PST repair process. Therefore, I would suggest opting a good PST Repair application like, Bitacube PST Repair Tool which helps the users with best facility to remove all the errors related to the PST file. The tool offers comprehensive and fast PST repairing solutions to deal with the issue like corrupted PST files. Bitacube PST Repair Tool is the best option to get heal from such Outlook corruption issues, repair PST files, recover all items and save into new PST without any data losses. No matter what is the size of the PST file and what is the level of corruption, the users are allowed to deal with any file size of PST file, repair & recover those file corruption issues at granular level.
Conclusion: In this article, we have studied how we can able to search for the location of Scanpst.exe? The scanpst.exe is called by another name Inbox repair tool. Furthermore, we discussed the manual steps to work with the Scanpst.exe. But if the users are unable to repair PST file corruption using Inbox repair tool, Bitacube PST Repair Tool can easily repair corrupt PST files in hassle free manner.