Having a backup of the files are always useful to further use in the future. The backup files contains a copy of the file which acts as a recovery plan for the users. There are some reasons due to which backup of NSF files becomes a necessity for the users. To save the files, we use different approaches or different destinations to store the files.
With the help of this article, the users can find the solution, how to take the backup of NSF files. Lets move to the discussion, why it is necessary to take the backup of the NSF file.
1. Sometimes, Lotus Notes shutdown unexpectedly. Hence, it becomes important to take a backup of IBM Lotus Notes emails into the local machine. From the backup files, the users can easily import the NSF files to any other email client.
2. Many of the times, when the users want to migrate from one email client to another email client. Hence, in this situation backup of NSF files is always be a good option.
3. Several times, it is being noticed that Lotus Notes users come with the request when his/her NSF files get corrupted. All the data of the NSF files deleted. Then, to deal with these shortcomings, having backup of the NSF file plays a very vital role to recover the corrupted files.
The above reasons made it clear why there is a necessity to have a backup of NSF files. There may be any mishappening occurs with the users. Moving towards another step how to take a backup of NSF files?
There are so many different methods from which it can be possible to create a backup of NSF files:
1. Convert NSF to EML/PDF/HTML
To save the selected emails from NSF files to other file formats such as EML, PDF, HTML, users can easily apply this method.
Simply follow the below steps:-
a) Open the Lotus Notes application. After that, the next step is to move all the emails to the backup folder.
b) From the application, start Dragging and Drop the email to the system folder. From this, the emails will get saved into EML format. After that, collect it into a separate folder.
c) Now, if the users want to change the EML files into HTML format, open Outlook application, try to open the EML files. After selecting the file, go to the File option and click to the save as option and choose the HTML option.
Let’s suppose if the users want to convert the HTML file into PDF. Then now, after opening the HTML files in word, It becomes very easy to save the HTML files into PDF format.
2. Exporting NSF files to CSV
Note:-Before starting the backup process, it is necessary to install the Lotus Notes and Outlook on your computer.
• Open the Lotus Notes application. Select the NSF file to export in Outlook. Click Open.
• Now, click on the File menu > Export.
• After that Export wizard box will appear on the Windows screen. To back up the Lotus Notes emails and other attachments, the next step is to choose the target location and the file type as CSV (Comma-separated values). Click Export.
• From the CSV Export wizard, select the “All documents” option. Click Ok.
• Furthermore, open the Outlook application. Click on the File > Open > Import.
• Click on the Import from another program or file option from the Import and Export Wizard. Click Next.
• From the next window, select the option CSV (Comma-separated file). Click Next.
• Click on the Browse option to provide the location for the NSF file. Click Next.
• Click on the Finish button.
These manual methods sometimes become unreliable. The users cannot fully trust the manual methods to create a backup of NSF files. Hereby, choosing the best option to backup all of your NSF files will fully depend upon the users. Backup plays a very integral role for further use in the future or some other cases as the article discussed above.
3. Third-party tool
Using the professional and automatic method is always considered to be the perfect solution to back up the NSF file to PST, Live exchange server or alternatively save the backup to Office 365 server. So here we suggested a fast and reliable tool named Bitacube Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter. By using Bitacube Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter, one can create a backup of NSF files and saves into multiple formats such as PST, CSV, HTML, EML, etc within just a few single clicks of the mouse. No matters whether you are technical or non-technical user, the software has user-friendly interface which allows to easily use Bitacube Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter in hassle free manner.
Sometimes, the users forget to create a backup for the NSF files. Therefore the above reasons clearly explain the reasons why there is a necessity to create a backup file? This article describes both methods i.e, manual method and an automated software named as Bitacube Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.