OST file is a format where Microsoft Outlook exchange mailbox information saves in the Offline mode or Cached Exchange mode. The progressions and alterations made by the client in the disconnected mode are later refreshed to the server mailbox when the Exchange connection is restored. It is the safest format to keep mailbox data saves for further uses. The vast majority of the clients have an MS-Exchange Server account which works in synchronization with an Offline Storage Table (.OST). The OST file contains all your mail things in an exchange cached mode on your hard drive. Each time you sign in to your account, all the mail things are synchronized and downloaded into this. These OST files implement in synchronization with the PST format. It helps in staying up with the latest with new sends, meeting demand, conveyance reports and so forth. As the OST file dwells on the client’s PC, it is unaffected by Exchange Server accidents and fiascos, Exchange mailbox cancellations, deletion and so on. In this way, Exchange managers and end clients can utilize OST files to re-establish client mailbox information in the events of such inevitabilities.
In the ongoing topic, we’ll discuss the ways to convert OST to PST files. Prior to learning about technique, have a glance about its requirement. Why we have needs to convert OST to PST files?
Here are a few circumstances when converting OST files to PST turns out to be extremely useful
- A couple of Exchange mailboxes get erased from the server
- Need to back up a couple of Exchange mailboxes
- An Exchange client needs to modify his OST format; however, the client has some unsaved information in the OST document
- EDB format are inaccessible because of Exchange depravation, Server crash, and so forth and clients need their emails desperately
There are different strategies to export OST files into PST. You can sign in to Outlook with a similar Exchange profile. Some effective strategies to export OST to PST are displayed here:
Strategy 1: Export mailbox as a PST file
Login to Outlook with the Exchange account that was utilized to make the OST files. Also, to export OST mailboxes to PST, pursue the basic method given below:
- Go to Files >Open and Export and click Import and Export
- Then, Choose Export to a file; at that point click Next
- Then, Choose the second alternative given in the interface—Outlook Data File (.pst)— and then, click Next.
- Choose the organizer which you need to export the chosen file and then, click Next.
- Peruse the area where you need to save the new PST file and pick the alternatives in regards to the duplicate things.
Note: There is another alternative to choose to built-up password to the PST files; however, you can skip the process and then, proceed.
The second strategy to export OST file into PST is given below;
Strategy 2: Use ‘Archiving’ to save OST files to PST
When you empower the option archiving, Outlook emails from OST format are spared to different PST files. Likewise, it assists in keeping the quantum of the mailbox at an ideal dimension by sparing the more established mailbox things in the archive organizer. Pursue the straightforward steps to make a mailbox archive and spare it to the desired area:
- Start the Outlook application, and then reach to the File, and then click on Options
- Go to the option “Advanced” and then click Auto Archive Settings
- Then, here choose the number of days wherein you need to run the auto archiving process for the mailbox
- Finally, choose the organizer to spare the archived document; likewise, do the archiving
- Then, ultimately, click OK
With this, mailbox things from your OST file will be spared to the PST format according to your archiving settings.
Convert OST to PST without Exchange profile or server network
Bitacube OST to PST converter tool is quite effective solution which provides a quick solution to convert OST to PST in hassle free manner. The best thing about this tool, it can implement to export OST to PST without internet connection and Exchange profile or Exchange Server availability. It has an exceptionally easy to understand interface which gives the client a chance to choose OST file(s), recuperate things including the erased ones, and convert them into PST format. Additionally, it can export numerous OST files to PST at once. How about we see the functioning of the device:
- Download and Launch Bitacube OST to PST converter tool. It will open a wizard to choose single or various OST files. Then, Choose the OST files from its area.
- At the point when the tool shows the OST file content, you can choose an organizer and view its substance in the review sheet. To export OST files into PST, click the Save choice on the toolbar.
- To spare in PST, click PST file (MS Outlook) as the Output sort
- Choose the filters – Folder name, From, To, Subject, Item type, and Date
- You have the alternative to split the PST file after a specific size. Give the required subtleties
- Peruse the destination and give the required subtleties
- Ultimately, click Finish
- At the point when the conversion process is finished, the apparatus demonstrates a message demonstrating the PST file name and its area.
Other advantages of Bitacube OST to PST converter tool:
With the assistance of Bitacube OST to PST converter tool, you can export OST to PST without the original Exchange Profile account; however, clients cannot manually export OST to PST without original Exchange Profile account. Additionally, the tool gives many advances technique to make OST to PST conversion hassle-free with no data misfortune.