Want to export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST, then undoubtedly you are standing at the best place. Migrating to the full of the interactive features email client is a good option. Hereby, the article summarizes the best method to export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST. There is no doubt that both Lotus Notes (.NSF) and Outlook (.PST) file format is the most used format by many of the organizations.
The Lotus Notes (.NSF) and Outlook (.PST) format is used to save the important data of the users in the Lotus Notes email client and Microsoft Outlook respectively. NSF is an acronym for Notes Storage Facility whereas the full form of PST is Personal Storage Table. Microsoft Outlook doesn’t support the NSF file format. Therefore, the article explains the reasons that define why there is a need to switch from Lotus Notes to PST.
Some of the highlights are:-
- Users can only able to use one account at a time
- In Outlook, the users are free to log in with the different accounts instantly
- The task becomes complicated for non-technical users in NSF.
- On the other side, Outlook provides user-friendly interface for non-technical users
- Outlook provides a high range of data security to its users to protect the data
- Microsoft Outlook is easy to manage and operate as compared to the Lotus Notes
- The users are required to have a great technical skills while working in Lotus Notes
Method to Export Lotus Notes (.NSF) to Outlook (.PST)
Suppose, the organizations are not able to find the solution to convert NSF to PST, below scenario will clearly explain the method to perform the NSF to PST conversion. One can easily convert NSF to PST with the help of below mentioned two methods:
- Manual method
To convert NSF to PST without using Lotus Notes, the users have to use Microsoft Transporter Suite. It is a cost-free utility method that can be used to convert NSF to PST. So, to export the NSF data to PST, use the following given steps:-
- Firstly, download and then install transporter.msi into your system
- To install the transporter.msi, click to the download setup option > Next
- After that click on the checkbox to accept all the terms in the license agreement
- Browse for the location and choose the Transporter for Internet mail components. Click Next
- Now, for internet mailboxes open the Microsoft Transporter Suite
- After that, the next job is to create a CSV file that contains the field like Source identity, Source Server, Target Identity, Source Password, etc
- Select the add mailboxes option
- Import the CSV file which you have created a minute before
- Click to the mailbox option present on the left side
- Click to the option Migrate selected Mailbox
- Select POP and then try to check Client Access Server checkbox > Next
- From the selected range, choose the all email option. Click Next
- Finally, click on the migrate option.
- A dialog box will pop up on window screen of the user to notify for the same
- Click to the Finish button
Disadvantages of Manual method
- The manual method requires complicated steps to perform the job
- Further requires to have high technical knowledge
- The manual method is considered to be a risky and unreliable process
- There are good chances of data loss while export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST
- Even, manual method is not applicable with all the Outlook versions
Therefore, these are some major limitations and drawbacks that the users may face while working with the manual method. So, what to do next? Here the article provides a professional solution to easily perform NSF to PST conversion without facing any kinds of hurdles.
After several testing, I would like to recommend Bitacube Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter. This software offers a bunch of comprehensive and collaborative features. Bitacube Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter offers various kinds of advantages as follows:-
- It has user friendly GUI which allows to export NSF to PST in an eye-blink
- It converts NSF to PST along with all the attachments of the NSF files
- Allows to migrate NSF files to other destinations such as Office 365 & Live Exchange
- Bitacube Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter has no large file size limitations
- The users are free to select any numbers of NSF files (in bulk) to convert
- The users are free to migrate their data without the risk of data loss
- The software includes the fast-free lifetime technical support
- Free trial version to test the functionalities and features of the software
- Bitacube Lotus Notes Converter allows to convert NSF to PST in just 4 steps
Therefore, this automatic method provides the fast service to migrate NSF to PST within just a few clicks of the mouse.