If we talk about the most popular email clients, MS Outlook and thunderbird are well known out of them. Both the email clients gained much popularity among thousands of users. Most of the thunderbird users started moving their mindsets to MS Outlook. Reason behind, MS Outlook provides the most collaborative features which turn to be very useful for small or large organizations to use Outlook.
Therefore, there are quite good reasons to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook. MS Outlook contains many security enhancement and advanced features due to which users started to migrate thunderbird to Outlook. Thunderbird is a cost-free email client which generally be used for the personal use of the users. Thunderbird supports MBOX file format. On the other side, the MS Outlook contains PST format to save all of its data files.
Method to migrate thunderbird to Outlook
•By using the IMAP method
•Using the third-party tool
a) Using IMAP method
Start configuring the Gmail account to thunderbird with the help of IMAP.
Follow the given steps:-
1. Firstly, log in to the Gmail account
2. After that, click to the gear icon and on the Gmail page, start to open Gmail setting >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP option
3. Select the option to enable IMAP
4. Properly, configured the IMAP account. Then select the option save changes
Note:-Before working with the step to run the thunderbird, one must install Outlook in their respective computer.
Run the thunderbird on your computer system
1. Open the mail setup window. Enter the information Fill the required information. Click Continue
2. Enable the checkbox for IMAP. Choose the option Manual configuration process.
3. Provide the required information.
Incoming: imap.gmail.com/ port: Either 993(SSL) or 143(very infrequently 580)
Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com/ port: Either 25(SSL) or 465(very infrequently 2525)
Click on re-test option.
4. After completing this task, select the option to create a new account.
5. After this, start to verify your Gmail account after opening any email message.
6. Now, start dragging and drop the required file into the Gmail inbox.
Start following the below steps to configure Outlook mail to Gmail account.
1. Click to file >> add an account.
2. Now, click on the option manually configure server setting either additional server types from the wizard box.
3. Choose the internet email option. Click Next. Enter the necessary information.
4. Select the IMAP option in account type.
5. For incoming servers enter gmail.com and for outgoing server enter smtp.gmail.com. Select more setting options.
6. In the outgoing server, choose the outgoing server (SMTP) that needs authentication. Repeatedly, by using the same above criteria choose my incoming server option and enter 993 port number in the incoming server’s port.
7. After this, for an IMAP mail account select option, this server requires an encrypted connection option to set down the type of encryption to SSC.
8. Start entering the value 587 for the outgoing server port. Select the encryption to TLS. Click the Ok button and then exit.
9. Select the option Test account setting. After that, you will receive a message your account setting is correct. Click Next.
After applying the above-mentioned steps, by Gmail configured profile you will able to find all of its data into Outlook the users will receive its data into Outlook.
More than several times, it is noticed by the users that his/her important data is missing. To migrate more than one file at a time, the users have to use the same process again and again. Which results in being a very time-consuming solution.
Hence, to get rid of these kinds of multiple shortcomings the users must have to try Bitacube Thunderbird to Outlook Converter. This tool provides fast and smooth migration for Thunderbird to Outlook with multiple comprehensive features.
Why choose Bitacube Thunderbird to Outlook Converter?
1. Smooth flow migration from Thunderbird to Outlook
2. Guarantees the users to return the same data as before, after conversion
3. Safely maintains the folder hierarchy even after the conversion
4. Holds power to support any of the Outlook versions
5. One can also be able to convert thunderbird to multi other file formats such as EML, MSG, HTML, RHTML, etc
6. After right-clicking on the required emails/attachments, the users will be able to save them the location of their choice
7. For non-technical users, it serves a user-friendly graphical platform
8. Full support of technical expertise
9. It provides high power security to the users for maintaining the data
From the above information, we came across different methods to convert Thunderbird to Outlook. Initially, we discussed the manual method and secondly we define fast and efficient Bitacube Thunderbird to Outlook Converter that provides various collaborative features.